-M. Rich & Brothers Dry Goods Company
-M. Rich & Co.
1990's Rich's shopping bag showing storied RICHSATLANTA clock
1970's Rich's brand headphones
1990's Rich's Credit Card
-Atlanta Born, Atlanta Owned, Atlanta Managed
-An Atlanta Institution Since 1867
-A Southern Institution Since 1867
-It's All About the South (last slogan prior to merger with Goldsmith's and closure of downtown store)
-Time After Time (generic slogan used with Lazarus and Goldsmith's)
On the Logos, the Rich's logo was originally non-descript prior to the 1940's when the green logo was unveiled with very thin letters in a font that looks close to what is used on the Parisian signs today. Sometime in the mid to late 1950's, the modern logo was unveiled, but with spacing between the characters. This was also green and featured on the stores with glorious green glowing neon. By around 1980, the green logo became internal while exterior stores had either a dark brown backlit or black neon sign that lit up dingy white at night. The text had also been jammed together for a more compact "modern" appearance even though the font was an antiqued font.
These photos were taken by Allen Scott in August 1962 of the multi-colored levels and under the glass bridge at the now demolished downtown store addition.
Sometimes, the Rich's logo was in a narrower version of the same font as evidenced by the original store signs on Cobb Center, Lenox Square and North Dekalb. Also, one of the more peculiar logos was the stylized "R" that was used from the 1960's until the late 1980's. These used to be placed in repeated intervals all along the glass in front of the stores for a very classy look. The "R" was placed backwards as well for a more peculiar appearance.
Looking up at the Rich's clock in the early 1990's. "All about the South" was a jingle used by Rich's in that era along with Goldsmith's.